School of Public Policy
的 School of Public Policy (SPP) 开放ed its doors in the fall of 1997 with a unique 课程 designed by the famed social scientist, James Q. 威尔逊. 的 mission of the School of Public Policy is to prepare public leaders across the government, nonprofit, and policy-related business sectors. 的 school's 20-month master of public policy (MPP) degree is one of the highest-ranked programs of its kind in the West, and is widely recognized for its distinctive coursework that balances analytical coursework with classes in the history of policymaking and a Great Books approach to moral leadership.
With its "1 Degree / 5 Specialization" 课程, students customize their class schedule with options in:
- American Policy and Politics: Careers on Capitol Hill and think tanks, private sector consulting firms
- Applied Economic Policy: Careers in academia and policy research organizations/nonprofits
- International Relations and National Security: Careers in Foreign Service, intelligence agencies, and international NGOs
- State and Local Policy: Careers in state and local governments, education policy and school districts, local nonprofits, and private sector consulting firms
- Public Policy and Dispute Resolution: Careers in national/international policy and private-sector companies
SPP's 1,000+ alums work throughout the country and around the world in positions ranging from city management to Capitol Hill and the World Bank. While the school's largest alumni chapter is in Southern California, its second largest is in Washington, DC.
的 School of Public Policy hosts a busy 事件 calendar on both its Malibu campus and in Washington, DC, welcoming leading policymakers and political leaders to discuss their careers as well as current 事件. SPP places a premium on professional development throughout its 20-month program, and continues to support graduates with career services for years after graduation.
的 School of Public Policy operates four centers:
- Davenport Institute for Public Engagement and Civic Leadership: One of America's leading academic institute's focusing on training local government leaders in public engagement and the use of technology to improve government transparency
- HSAC@SPP: 的 Homeland Security Advisory Council at SPP has quickly become a noted center teaching and training in emergency management and crisis leadership
- Education Policy and Impact Initiative: This program teaches and trains the next and current generations of education policy leaders through coursework and 事件
- American Project: 的 "Project" is comprised of leading academics and activists exploring the future of the American conservative movement through opinion writing and panel 事件